The Vivos Institute Presents-
The $60,000 Surgery – Medical billing for Surgical/Implant/Prosthetic dental patients
Taught by Dr. Chris Farrugia, DDS
Course Date: Quarterly (Upcoming dates coming soon)
Course Times: 8:30AM-4:30PM MDT
Course Location: 7001 Tower Road, Denver, CO 80249
Surgical services provided by dental practices are both medically necessary and reimbursable through medical insurance with the proper understanding of insurance protocols. Medical billing provides a valuable revenue source that makes a dental surgical services more affordable and increases treatment acceptance, especially larger complex surgical/prosthetic cases. Billing for smaller surgeries will be routine and simple once an understanding of full arch case billing is achieved..
Course Educational Objective:
Course Educational Objectives/Outline:
- The surgical medical claim cycle
- The medical claim process and protocols from insurance card to medical payment
- Surgical coding: diagnosis, procedures, and modifiers
- Surgical documentation
- Surgical claim creation and submission
- Surgical EOBs and follow-up
- The $60,000 Surgery
- Coding protocols used in a “real-life” upper/lower complete reconstruction surgical/prosthetic case paid by medical insurance.
Step-by-step dissection of the case will be presented from diagnosis to final payment.